Fall 2008 Seminar Series
Fridays at 12:20
Friday seminars of Institute of Earth Sciences and Nordic Volcanological Center
Meeting room: Building of Natural Sciences, Askja, western end - 3rd floor seminar room
Everybody is welcome.
12. September - Morten Riishuus: "Syenite petrogenesis and volcaniclastic paleoclimate proxies: a potpourri of past results and future prospects at Nordvulk"
19. September - David Gibson, Geoscience Australia, the Australian Federal Government Earth Science Agency: "Australia: Geology and Landforms of an Ancient Continent"
26. September - Ethienne Berthier: "Topography and flow of ice masses during International Polar Year derived from Spot-5 and Formosat-2 satellite images "
3. October - No seminar
10. October - No seminar
15. October - NB: Wednesday! - Herbert F. Wang: "Poroelastic Hypotheses for Earthquake Triggering"
17. October - Introduction of Nordvulk research projects of Nordic research fellows.
24. October - Þröstur Þorsteinsson: "PARTICULATE MATTER POLLUTION - A modeling horror story"
31. October - Páll Einarsson: "Short-term seismic precursors to eruptions in Iceland"
7. November - Eyjólfur Magnússon: "Glacier hydraulics explored by means of SAR-interferometry"
14. November - No seminar
21. November - Jakob Kløve Jakobsen: "Magma chamber processes in layered intrusions - insights from melt inclusion studies of the Skaergaard intrusion, East Greenland"
28. November - Freysteinn Sigmundsson: "New mechanical model for magmatic systems"
5. December - Rikke Pedersen: "What controls the patterns of inter-rifting deformation in the northern volcanic zone?"
12. December - Sylviane L.G.Lebon: "50 days in Central America: volcanoes, earthquakes and much more"
19. December - No seminar due to the AGU Fall Meeting in San Francisco