Fall 2009 Seminar Series
Fridays at 12:20
Friday seminars of Institute of Earth Sciences and Nordic Volcanological Center
Meeting room: Building of Natural Sciences, Askja, western end - 3rd floor seminar room
Everybody is welcome.
25. September - Páll Einarsson: "Surface effects of the Ölfus earthquake of May 29, 2008"
2. October - Magnús T. Guðmundsson: "The ice-dammed, geothermally sustained lakes of Kverkfjöll, 1941-2009"
9. October - Þröstur Þorsteinsson: "Lake ice formation on Þingvallavatn"
16. October - Nordvulk research fellows
23. October - Jarðfræðifélagið
30. October - Jöklaráðstefna
6. November - Guðrún Larsen: "North-bound tephra during the last millennium"
13. November - Ólafur Ingólfsson: "Fossil find on Svalbard highlights the natural history of the polar bear"
20. November - Karl Grönvold: "Cosmic rays, obsidian and hot water"
27. November - Jón Ólafsson: "Oxygen-18 in studies of oceanographic processes in the North Atlantic"
4. December - Ingibjörg Jónsdóttir: "Developments in remote sensing of sea ice off Iceland"
11. December - Árni Þór Vésteinsson: "Selected Multibeam Seafloor Images from locations around Iceland.
Surveyed by the Hydrographic Department of the Icelandic Coast Guard (Sjómælingar Íslands)"