Fall 2018 Seminar Series
Fridays at 12:30 - 13:15
Friday seminars of Institute of Earth Sciences and Nordic Volcanological Center
Meeting room: Building of Natural Sciences, Askja, western end - 3rd floor seminar room
Everybody is welcome!
Friday lectures are coordinated by Maxwell Christopher Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. September: Ed Marshall (Postdoctoral Researcher, Institute of Earth Sciences): "On the (mis)behavior of water in the mantle"
14. September: Quinten van der Meer (NordVulk Fellow): "The Lithospheric Mantle of the Limpopo Mobile Belt (South Africa)"
21. September: Sigurjón Jónsson (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia): "Is summertime a good time for earthquakes?"
28. September : Vala Hjörleifsdóttir (Orkuveita Reykjavíkur): "Wave gliders and sunsets: Looking for the next large earthquake in Mexico"
5. October: No seminar
12. October: Barbara Kleine: "Fluxes, transport, interaction – Tracking fluids through the crust"
19. October: Hera Guðlaugsdóttir (Graduate Student, University of Iceland): "Volcanic Imprint in the North Atlantic Climate Variability"