Fall 2019 Seminar Series
Fridays at 12:30 - 13:15
Friday seminars of Institute of Earth Sciences and Nordic Volcanological Center
Meeting room: Building of Natural Sciences, Askja, western end - 3rd floor seminar room
Everybody is welcome!
Friday lectures are coordinated by Edward Marshall (email@example.com)
13. September: Tobias Linke (Graduate student, IES): "The role of Fe-(oxi)hydroxides in heavy metal and nutrient mobility in volcanic regions"
20. September: Yan Lavallée (University of Liverpool): "Monitoring shifts in effusive-explosive activity at Santiaguito volcano, Guatemala"
27. September: Sigurður Reynir Gíslason (University of Iceland): "Earth’s carbon budget"
4. October: No seminar
11. October: Iwona Galeczka (Institute of Earth Sciences / ÍSOR): "Dissolved Al transformation paths in rivers during their natural stage and volcanic unrest"
18. October: Greta Wells (Graduate Student, The University of Texas at Austin; Fullbright-NSF fellow): "Geomorphologic and geochronological reconstruction of Holocene jökulhlaups along the Hvítá River and Gullfoss waterfall, Iceland"
25. October: Þorsteinn Sæmundsson (Institute of Earth Sciences): "Slope deformation above the Tungnakvíslarjökull outlet glacier in western part of the Mýrdalsjökull glacier – causes and consequences"
1. November: Freysteinn Sigmundsson (NordVulk, Institute of Earth Sciences): "Recent basaltic eruptions in Iceland and dynamics of subsurface magma flow"
8. November: Alina Shevchenko (GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences): "Active volcanoes of Kamchatka: photogrammetric approach"