Fall 2019 Seminar Series
Fridays at 12:30 - 13:15
Friday seminars of Institute of Earth Sciences and Nordic Volcanological Center
Meeting room: Building of Natural Sciences, Askja, western end - 3rd floor seminar room
Everybody is welcome!
Friday lectures are coordinated by Edward Marshall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
13. September: Tobias Linke (Graduate student, IES): "The role of Fe-(oxi)hydroxides in heavy metal and nutrient mobility in volcanic regions"
20. September: Yan Lavallée (University of Liverpool): "Monitoring shifts in effusive-explosive activity at Santiaguito volcano, Guatemala"
27. September: Sigurður Reynir Gíslason (University of Iceland): "Earth’s carbon budget"
4. October: No seminar
11. October: Iwona Galeczka (Institute of Earth Sciences / ÍSOR): "Dissolved Al transformation paths in rivers during their natural stage and volcanic unrest"
18. October: Greta Wells (Graduate Student, The University of Texas at Austin; Fullbright-NSF fellow): "Geomorphologic and geochronological reconstruction of Holocene jökulhlaups along the Hvítá River and Gullfoss waterfall, Iceland"
25. October: Þorsteinn Sæmundsson (Institute of Earth Sciences): "Slope deformation above the Tungnakvíslarjökull outlet glacier in western part of the Mýrdalsjökull glacier – causes and consequences"
1. November: Freysteinn Sigmundsson (NordVulk, Institute of Earth Sciences): "Recent basaltic eruptions in Iceland and dynamics of subsurface magma flow"
8. November: Alina Shevchenko (GFZ German Research Center for Geosciences): "Active volcanoes of Kamchatka: photogrammetric approach"
15. November: Þorvaldur Þórðarson (Institute of Earth Sciences): "Rejuvenated Volcanism at Kīlauea Point, Kaua‘i, Hawai‘i and its implications for the Flexure Model Predictions" - Postponed due to Autumn meeting of Geoscience Society of Iceland!
22. November: Matthew G. Jackson (University of California Santa Barbara): "The Iceland hotspot: a long-lived, hot plume sampling early Hadean material from the deep mantle"
29. November: No seminar
6. December: Ailsa Guild (PhD student, Durham University and The British Geological Survey): "The structural glaciology of the Svínafellsjökull snout: Implications for ice dynamics"
Following the seminar, a recording will be available at: https://hi.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=0f3a2823-662e-4e58-9811-ab1a00bf76cb
Following the seminar, a recording will be available at: https://hi.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=0045480b-f561-496e-ad0a-ab21007e392a